New Empire FAQ.
- No more hatred Demigryphs from waralter (good thing I'm not taking one to Runefang!). My Waralter will now be forever sitting on the shelf as the one reason for taking it, has been taken away.
- The Whitecloak of Ulric has been finally clarified to "models in base contact". I knew I was on the losing side of that argument...but I still stand by my original very well referenced comparative study on why the most consistent pan 8th ed armybook reading of this item was "units in base to base contact". I never took this item because of the lack of clarity...now I still wont be using it.
I believe this is the 3rd(?) Empire FAQ and the 3rd attempt to explain the very, very, very, very, very poorly worded Detachment rules (it is borderline Skaven armybook poorly written). Now more FAQ to create confusion....enter the all powerful Errata (hopefully my E-armybook update will be coming through soon!).
Basically they have capitulated and admitted that they got it wrong (finally). Now it is clear that "steadfast" can exist out of combat (yay), and that it is the parent unit's situation that is the be-all-and-end-all off the matter. Most importantly they clarifed that the parent unit has to be in combat to have lost steadfast.
Effect: so long as the parent has at least 1 rank of 5 models and is not in combat = CONGA LINING STEADFAST COLDBLOODED DETACHMENTS!
Oh...and my 2 cents on the High Elf stuff coming through. I'm going to sit on the armybook for a while and really crunch the best way to spend the least money making my army work.
My hopes and dreams:
- Interesting effective core (seriously). Bus of spears with dual (cheaper) T. chariot support, archers and fast calv is all I want!I like the idea of the slightly Greeco/Macedonian-Roman style look and feel of the army. I would hate for this to disappear in a puff of "oooo look new stuff"
- Cheaper RBTs. In a meta of monsterious calv...bs4 s6 bolt throwers are needed...but too expensive currently. 50/75pts and we're talking.
- SHADOW WARRIORS LIVING UP TO THE FLUFF...or dirt cheap/core! I havnt read the fluff (Queue Shirts off Warhammer rant) but I've heard that shadow warriors are supposed to kick serious ass. The new kit looks really cool...so I want a legitmite excuse to buy it.
- Serious competition between swordmasters and whitelions. The rumoured ASF/martial prowess with some way to get ward means I would LOVE to run 21 Swordmasters 7 wide. If that = 29 s5 ASF attacks = awesome....but if they die to zombies faster than I can kill zombies (like current) = back to the whitelions.
- The new stuff to not be the only thing that makes the book good. Ideal situation: the new stuff (Phoenix/silly flying boat things: both on "I will break 1st game" flying stands/new character choices etc) is "good" in the same wat the new WoC monsters are "good"...as in interesting, but not the game breaking cheese they could have been.
Anywho that's all from me. Runefang in the weekend...apparently I have the nastiest list (says Pete with the "Skaven need an update as there is only 1 list that works" list)....so naturally I'll choke and draw Dwarfs 4 games and Skaven for the last one...fun times...
Battle reports as usual unless I play all 5 dwarf armies...in which case I'll be showcasing a new found love for Warmahordes having rage quit Warhammer (that's how it works right?).