Having fought the battles, having seen how the list performed here are my thoughts:
- Lore of Metal is not for me. I dont get how some people can go through tournaments and get characters every other turn with Final Transmutation. 6 games and not a single character...some games it struggled to remove 10 models...+ I dont like the high casting values of the spells.
- ICKS need to find a role in my lists. In a lot of games they do nothing except sink points (not a bad thing) and give me table control (the real reason I take them)...though for -20 in Swedish comp = could be better spent else where.
- Captasus useful - not necessary. Saved my bacon vs the DoC by distracting the Keeper...but overall just flew around looking pretty.
- Witch hunters are great for the fluff....not for the game. Nothing gets you more excited by dice rolling that poor odds with amazing outcomes. However I was disappointed that they didnt influence movement as much as I was hoping they would. Most people tended to ignore them...maybe if I paired them with Hockland longrifle spam...
- 1 cannon is not enough. Knew that already - nice to do as well as I did with only 1...but it did cost me points.
- 28 GreatSwords is about 10 to few. They are there to grind...and 28 bodies with t3 is not much staying power.
- The difference between a 12 and a 13 in comp score is not much...but is A LOT in terms of power the Empire can bring.
With that in mind (and not wanting to go down the double demi/light council route - save that for serious games) I've rigged up the following:
Arch Lector "Otto": HA, GW, Dhelm, Talisman of Preservation (-10)
Lvl4: Lore of Heavens, scroll (-7-18-8)
2x Warrior Priest: HA, 2HW (-5-5)
BSB: Fullplate, Ench shield, warriorbane (-3-10)
2x39 Halberds: FC (-9-9)
5 Archer detach (-1-1)
10 Archers (-2)
40 GreatSwords: FC (-23)
4 Demigryphs: M (-25)
2x cannon (-13-13 5 WMP 5 WMP)
Helblaster (-6 2 WMP 3 WMP)
Comp Score = 11.8 rounds to 12.
So infantry are king here with some monster killing power. I'll be trying it out for the next Stone Falls game.
Anywho back to painting the 2 Frosties and prepping for Call to Arms in 2 weeks time.